There is something special about curly hair. All of that texture can look absolutely gorgeous and romantic! Especially when you have a romantic hairstyle to pair it with. This is the perfect time of year to infuse a little wow into your look. Whether you have a hot date coming up or just want to try something new…. now you can. These three romantic hairstyles for naturally curly hair will keep you looking fabulous all season long.
Romantic Hairstyle #1: The Braided Chignon
There are perks to every hair type out there. Straight hair can be easy to manage, wavy hair can look glamorous, and curly hair can add a hint of softness to any style. That softness makes it perfect for a number of romantic styles, including the braided chignon. This hairdo is classic, sophisticated, and easy to wear. Not to mention the fact that the “at the neck” style is ultra flattering for curly hair. Why? The contrast between the braided bun and those natural curls looks amazing.
Ready to create the look?
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Pull the length to the right and create a loose side ponytail.
- Keep two front sections out of the ponytail.
- Then braid your hair from the ear down, keeping the rest loose and curled. Secure the end with an elastic.
- Wrap the braid around itself until you form a braided bun below your right ear. Hold the bun in place with bobby pins.
- Now to tackle the rest of your hair. Use a comb (like the Olivia Garden Healthy Hair Comb HH-C4) to gently loosen up your hair. This will let a little more of that natural curl shine through.
- Keep those front sections down and finish off your style with a flexible hold hairspray.
Romantic Hairstyle #2: The Boho Braid
Let’s be honest: boho is in. Thanks to a slew of fashionable celebrities and the effortless elegance of bohemian styles… the boho braid has been spotted both on and off the runways. That makes it the perfect style for a night out or a day spent with someone special. Not to mention the natural curl in your hair will give this beautiful braided style a soft and relaxed feeling.
- Start with dry hair. You want to keep it as frizz-free as possible, so be sure to condition your hair with a great conditioner like the Paul Mitchell Spring Loaded Frizz-Fighting Conditioner before letting it dry.
- Part your hair straight down the middle. Use a clip to hold one section out of the way.
- Then tackle the other section by French braiding until you reach the nape of your neck. Hold in place with a hair elastic. Do the same thing with the other section of hair.
- Bring the two sections together and create a low ponytail.
- Use a mousse or foam such as Wella Elastic Energy Curl Enhancing Mousse and work through the length of your hair to add more texture and fullness to your curls.
Romantic Hairstyle #3: The French Roll Twist
Nothing says romance quite like an updo. It instantly adds a hint of glamour and sophistication to any night out look. Once you add in those curls and all of that gorgeous texture, your updo will look totally unforgettable. The French roll twist is one updo that always looks great. It's quick and easy to achieve – and is sure to wow wherever you go.
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail, being sure to leave curled tendrils around your face.
- Twist the ponytail and pull it upwards.
- Tuck the very end of your ponytail inside of itself to create a dramatic rolled shape. Then use bobby pins to hold the rolled section in place. (For the best results, try pinning the roll from right to left.)
- Let your curls shine through by spraying on some flexible hold hairspray such as Bain De Terre Stay n’ Shape Flexible Shaping Spray. That will give your French roll hold without making it stiff.
Feeling romantic? Let your hairstyle do the talking! With plenty of natural curls and a few simple styles, one thing is clear: you will look better than ever this season.